Skip to main content

Feeling 22

Sorry for the radio silence recently, things have been pretty busy! In the last two weeks I have celebrated my birthday, flown to Singapore and explored and then flown to Melbourne to begin my month in Australia! So far I've had a pretty good time being 22!


I've always loved birthdays. I think there's something really special about celebrating someone just for being them.

As a family of 7, birthdays come round pretty often. My parents have always been great at making our birthdays feel special. When we were younger that meant having a birthday tea at home and a cake - usually the caterpillar one, or the mega chocolate cake from Costco if we were really lucky! (Think Bruce Bogtrotter style). Now we're older, this tends to be a nice meal out at a venue of our choosing.

My birthday is April 3rd and almost always falls within the school Easter holidays. This is with the exception of my 18th birthday, on which I had to go to college. It was still a great day though - we ordered pizza for lunch and the sun was shining! During uni and college, my birthday interrupted my revision for a few days... At least! Oops 🙈

This year, I didn't really have any plans. I used to spend ages planning my parties, but as I've gotten older I feel more the need to spend time with people I love and just enjoy the day. I actually had to do a last minute shopping trip and some packing on my birthday this year as I was leaving for my trip the following day and had left it to the last minute, as per usual! This stressed me out a bit which resulted in me getting upset that I wasn't having fun on my birthday (not sure if that was me being a drama queen or my anxiety tbh...)

But all was saved when my family, my boyfriend and I went out for a lovely dinner! I had some gorgeous pork with dauphinois potatoes and OMG was it tasty! We went to a beautiful local pub my Dad told me about and had a great meal. This was followed by some more presents, a couple of glasses of wine in front of the TV.

What do you like to do to celebrate your birthday? Any special family traditions?

Becky x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hate packing

I've never been good at packing. I just don't like it.  I  want  to travel light, and take only the essentials, but I  need  to make sure I've got extra clothes, shoes, shampoo, wetwipes, books etc just in case. I've definitely gotten better over time as I've been on more trips and moved house a few times, but it's still something I dread. Does it take anyone else at least 3 days to properly pack and be happy with what you've got in your bag??! 😣