Skip to main content

Why now?

Okay, okay, so I know I said I was going to start this after my birthday, but once I have an idea I like to get things going.

It's mid-March. Maybe not the 'ideal' time to be starting something new - it's not the start of a new year, new month, new phase of my life or even a Monday! But that's something I'm trying to teach myself, that I don't have to wait for the 'normal' time to do things I want to do, or go places I want to go.


For example, I've recently graduated university and do not have a plan for my life. And that is not a problem. Taking the next steps after uni scares me a lot, especially since I don't know what I want to do for a job... unless someone wants to employ me to travel the world (please?).

I didn't spend time looking for jobs or grad schemes while I was at uni, even though that's what you're supposed to do. Let's be real though, who has time for that between exams?! I spent my time there enjoying being with my friends, writing essays, running a society and working part time jobs. I didn't want to stress myself out any more than necessary (or think about the fact that uni was ending!).

To justify this, I started telling people that I was taking a "year off", a "post-uni gap year"(!). I needed something to convince myself that if was okay not to go straight into full time employment.

I got an internship (one month, which turned into seven!) which ends next week, and planned a trip to see my family and explore in Singapore and Australia - I leave in a few weeks and can't wait!!!

Post that, I have no plans, but that's okay. Life doesn't have to be planned out. I don't have to get a great job straight after uni, or stay in England, or own my own house, or do anything else I don't want to do. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin here

Thanks for reading angels! Becky x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I hate packing

I've never been good at packing. I just don't like it.  I  want  to travel light, and take only the essentials, but I  need  to make sure I've got extra clothes, shoes, shampoo, wetwipes, books etc just in case. I've definitely gotten better over time as I've been on more trips and moved house a few times, but it's still something I dread. Does it take anyone else at least 3 days to properly pack and be happy with what you've got in your bag??! 😣